Malbari Veg Biryani
Mix vegetables (carrots, beans, cauliflower, peas, potatoes cut into small cubes) - 3 cups
- Oil- 1 dtspn
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee- 1 dtspn
- Zissto Malabari culinary paste-250 Gms
- Basmati rice- 5 cups
- Chopped coriander leaves- 1 dtspn
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp.
- Whole garam masala- 2 pcs each
- Pick, wash and drain basmati rice.
- Heat water(4 times the volume of water) with salt, dash of oil and whole garam masala
- Boil the rice with 4 times the volume of water
- When the rice is almost 3/4th done drain it and keep aside
- Take Zissto Malabari cooking sauce
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add three cups of of mixed cut vegetables.
- Sauté Vegetables , stirring it constantly for a minute
- Add Zissto malbari cooking sauce to the vegetables in the pan
- Stir well and cook for a minute.
- Add 175 ml water in the empty bottle up to the blue mark indicated on the bottle
- Cover the lid of the bottle and shake well to mix the remaining sauce in the bottle
- Add this water to the pan, bring to a boil and stir well
- Cover the lid and cook for two more minutes on a slow fire till the gravy thickens to your desired consistency and the vegetables are cooked
- Arrange the cooked rice and vegetables cooked in gravy in 2 layers in a thick bottomed Hundi
- Close the lid , the final rice layer to be on top
- Drizzle some ghee mixed in turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves on top.
- Cover the lid and cook it on a slow fire by keeping the hundi on a tawa
- Cook for 12 minutes
- Open the lid and scoop out the Biryani to make sure you get to every layer